Several sites connected to the Barack Obama’s Kearney relative’s remain near Moneygall. It is believed the Kearney’s would have been buried in Cullenwaine Cemetery, but no visible headstones remain. Archaeological research could uncover stones buried beneath the surface.
This 1800s School House on the main street in Moneygall likely served as a school for the Kearney children and could have been the family church.
- Official Site: www.moneygall.com
- Irish Fireside: The Story of Barack Obama’s Roots
- Honoring Your Ancestors: President Barack Obama’s Roots
- Podcast: Discovering Your Irish Roots… Annie Moore, Barack Obama and You
- IrelandTravelKit.com: More Obama-Related Sites