A local told me Castle Matrix (pronounced Matt-trix) was open again for tours, but once we finally found the place there were no signs of life… and no signs posted (neither announcing the castle nor warning against trespassing). Based on the internet posts from visitors from the 90s and early 2000s, the owner has never made an effort to make it easy to find… which makes the whole experience a bit more mysterious.
- Irish Fireside: In Search of Castle Matrix (my report)
- Ask About Ireland: Castle Matrix
- Irish Celtic Jewels: Castle Matrix
- Trip Advisor: Castle Matrix
- Trip Report: A Lady in Peril